Re: Location Types Registry

2006-01-22 00:11:55
Tschofenig, Hannes wrote:

The values listed in the "Location Types Registry" document
are not displayed to the user. As such, we don't cover
internationalization support.

That wasn't clear from the draft under discussion.  It should
get some "I18N considerations" explaining why that's no issue.

If there are better definitions please let us know.

Maybe the WiKi dictionary has a category "location" (?)

We thought that FCFS would be an acceptable policy. Some
people had a different view about it.

Not limited to registration request DoS attacks on IANA, yes.

Fine. I have no problems changing it to expert review.

Where do you expect to find volunteers for an expert review
of a location dictionary ?  From two "expert review" lists I
know (langtags and charsets) one works at the moment, I'm
not sure about the other.

"Expert review" is essentially a filter protecting IANA from
some really bad ideas, but it's also an exercise in TINSTAAFL
- set up mailing list, appoint reviewer, handle appeals, etc.

                               Bye, Frank