Re: Location Types Registry

2006-01-22 09:52:31
Tschofenig, Hannes wrote:

i got the impression that some folks had very specific
suggestions already in mind in order to provide constructive
feedback.

One potentially constructive idea I had was to enumerate the
locations.  If the location registry has say 256 slots it's
obvious that it's a resource not designed to get thousands of
entries in various languages.

"Expert review" is essentially a filter protecting IANA from
some really bad ideas, but it's also an exercise in TINSTAAFL
- set up mailing list, appoint reviewer, handle appeals, etc.

do you think expert review is ok? (just to understand you right

Not sure.  You'd need rules to update entries e.g. for a better
explantion, maybe ways to remove or at least deprecate entries,
and a justification why the registration request "wyoming" for
a fictional location - if I recall that example correctly - is
bogus.

i thought about the Geopriv working group or its designated
successor.

Okay, so you have the volunteers for expert review, one problem
solved.  Makes me still wonder why "an entity" - I assume that
could be something I carry with me - should be so indiscreet as
telling that it's now in the "cafe" of a "jail" in an "airport"
or other obscure locations.  That's nobody's business but mine.

                             Bye, Frank