Questionnaire [Re: IETFs... the final Friday?]

2006-01-24 01:07:22

Ken Raeburn wrote:
Finally, I noticed the IAD included a question about Friday meeting or
not in the survey we were invited to on 9 January.  Getting a sense of
peoples' views quantitatively is good, though that was a
self-selected group, rather than a random sample that could be
assigned a statistical mapping to the IETF population.

How about a questionnaire at the next IETF or two? (With collection going through Friday noon at least, of course.) Still somewhat self- selected, but it's reaching out specifically to those who attend regularly.

I think we'll stick to an on-line survey; having people do their own
data entry and having a computer add up the numbers saves a lot of
clerical expense. We can discriminate in the survey between attendees
and non-attendees. As for the self-selection bias that Allison notes,
I'm afraid that is very hard to avoid without much more work.

    Brian