Re: Fairness and changing rules

writes:

    Harald> Sam, let me put it this way:

    Harald> Changing the rules in the middle of the process is Just
    Harald> Plain Stupid. We've done that too many times to count.

I am not sure I read this mail?
Anyway, this means a jurisprudence.
Under "Y" chairmanship.

At 03:13 01/02/2006, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
Sam,
trying to avoid pointing at persons, despite the fact that a specific person is at the heart of the current discussion...... your 3 points are very valid reasons for avoiding rule changes, but I think you miss the point I was trying to make.

The IESG was asked to choose between two alternatives:
- Execute a PR-Action against "X"
- Do not execute a PR-Action against "X"

You right. This makes the first alternative.

The second alternative I asked for but not engaged yet is:
- Execute a PR-Action against "Y"
- Do not execute a PR-Action against "Y"

It will be based upon the time wasted since Nov 15th, 2005 in order to delay the action decided during the Versailles meeting.

A PR-action, or a mailing list suspension, is NOT a punishment. Rules of order exist to protect the IETF's ability to do its work.
I believe that's your central responsibility.

I need a clarification here. Do you mean that once you engaged a PR defamaction, only Y can talk, and X should shut-up or this is a DoS and prevents the IETF to carry its work?

jfc