Re: Is round-trip time no longer a concern?

2006-02-20 03:39:48
Sharing personal experience:

As a Norway-based user, I do worry about anything that adds extra round trips to my queries to US-based websites. The user experience seen from California is really quite different from the user experience here in Norway - about 200 ms * number of round trips different, in fact. Extra RTTs add up REAL fast here.

                 Harald

--On 19. februar 2006 15:37 -0800 Russ Allbery <rra(_at_)stanford(_dot_)edu>