Re: joining the IETF is luxury Re: 70th IETF - Registration

2007-09-07 05:37:58
We shall see, but I don't know that putting up the price necessarily fixes the registration income issue. You only have to deter a relatively small proportion of attendees to wipe out the increase in charge.

I assume that the converse is also being applied: viz. cutting meeting costs. It's hard for us oiks to tell because we only see:
- registration fee
- breakfasts/cookies

Anyway, registration is still the smallest component of attendance for me. Hotel and travel are still bigger problems, and I continue to wonder whether we could increase attendance (and hence registration income) by facilitating cheaper accommodation and travel.

Cheers,
Adrian