RE: [Ietf-http-auth] Re: Next step on web phishing draft (draft-hartman-webauth-phishing-05.txt)

2007-09-10 12:58:11
Not at all. There is a huge difference between "ask participants
in a discussion what they think" and a "consensus call".

I've frequently seen postings that talk about the "consensus"
of a Bar BoF, and never seen any objection to that terminology.
Consensus is always qualified by the scope of the participants,
and we all know how to tell the difference between "consensus
of the IETF", "consensus of the room", "consensus of the working
group", and "consensus of the participants in the mailing list X".

I think the process discussion is a distraction from working
on the actual issues, and wish it would stop.

Larry
--
http://larry.masinter.net