Re: SHOULD vs MUST case sensitivity

2008-07-01 08:40:39
* Whenever the keywords are used they are to be considered normative
* Whenever the keywords are used they SHOULD be capitalized

Ahem:

* Whenever the keywords are used they MUST be capitalized

* Editors SHOULD avoid use of normative keywords for non-normative
language, even in drafts.

Yes, I agree.  I've done this in recent drafts that I've been working
on and found it to be quite effective.  Looking at each magic word and
thinking about whether it's telling the reader something important
about interoperating is good discipline, yet not terribly hard.

R's,
John