[ Re: [mpls] WG Review: Recharter of Multiprotocol Label Switching (mpls)]

2008-07-02 15:39:27

Eric,

Eric Rosen wrote:
 - Define   requirements,   mechanisms   and   protocol   extensions   for
point-to-multipoint (P2MP) MPLS

Should be  P2MP and MP2MP (multipoint-to-multipoint) MPLS;  we wouldn't want
to  suddenly find  out  that  half of  draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-p2mp  is "out  of
charter" ;-)

What I (with the wg chair hat on) think this is about is to add the
piece about mpls-tp to the mpls wg charter.

We've discussed in the wg and have wg consensus to do that.

A couple of milestones are also being changed.

Having said that, I'm also of the opinion that we need a major revision
of the mpls wg charter, e.g. for the reasons Eric discusses above.

However, that process needs to start in the working and have wg
consensus when we ask the IESG for the update. I can see that it
will be necessary to start process during the autumn.

/Loa

Loa Andersson

Principal Networking Architect
Acreo AB                           phone:  +46 8 632 77 14
Isafjordsgatan 22                  mobile: +46 739 81 21 64
Kista, Sweden                      email:
loa(_dot_)andersson(_at_)acreo(_dot_)se
                                           loa(_at_)pi(_dot_)nu
                                        loa(_at_)pi(_dot_)nu