Re: Context specific semantics was Re: uncooperative DNSBLs, was several messages

2008-11-13 16:01:01
At 12:08 PM -0800 11/13/08, Ted Hardie wrote:
The other A records have
a specific meaning in which the data returned indicates that indicates
something about
its reputation in a specific context (what reputation etc. being context
specific).  One
of these things is not like the other.  Using the same record type for both
creates
a need to generate some other context that enables you to figure out what was
really meant.

I see that my brain didn't get this down to my fingers as I intended
(or should as I "indicated").  Please read Andrew's note on this same
topic  but with the subject line "Clarifying harm to DNS" instead.
He's more cogent, the originator of the comment, and he and Olafur
still have my support that their point needs to be addressed.

Thanks,
                Ted Hardie