Re: [73attendees] Is USA qualified for 2.3ofdraft-palet-ietf-meeting-venue-selection-criteria?

2008-11-18 15:05:26

Randy Bush wrote:
thank you for demonstrating so clearly the jingoistic prejudice at the
us government level that should preclude ietf being held in the united
states.

Folks who have read ietf mailing lists for awhile might have noticed that it's distinctive when John Klensin and I agree and, therefore, probably worth taking as significant. The joke is old enough to have gotten stale, but it's still true.

However, that's nothing compared with the number of times I agree with Randy.

This is one of them.

Surely there is enough choice in venue to permit a global organization like the IETF to select ones that put some effort into being friendly about participation by people from a wider set of countries?

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking