Re: [BEHAVE] Lack of need for 66nat : Long term impact to application developers

2008-11-25 21:08:45
Tony,

On Nov 25, 2008, at 4:41 PM, Tony Hain wrote:
Either way the
app developers will have to rely on topology awareness crutches to deal with
the resulting nonsense.

Stuff they presumably already have to deal with because they'd like their applications to be used in the real (IPv4+NAT) world...

A reasonable standards development effort would not blindly endorse
something known to be detrimental,

Standards development effort != endorsement.

I considered NetBIOS to be wildly offensive and actively detrimental, but RFC 1001 and 1002 were appropriate codifications of NetBIOS over TCP/UDP/IP.

Instead all we get is complaints that anyone not

helping detail how to ship the broken architecture is ignoring reality and
off in a fantasy land, when the exact opposite is closer to the truth.

The architecture is _ALREADY_ broken. 66NAT is merely another symptom of the underlying disease.

Regards,
-drc