Re: Security Assessment of TCP (was: draft-gont-tcp-security)

2009-04-14 08:18:58
<all hats off>

On 2009-4-13, at 21:24, Fernando Gont wrote:
My personal take is that the IETF is responsible for the maintenance of
its protocols, and this effort carried ut by the UK CPNI should be
welcome, and the IETF should take the chance and benefit from this work
to publish advice on TCP security/resiliency.

I agree with you, as I've already said on the TCPM list. (See my email there for details.)

In the interest of full disclosure, you might want to mention that you were one of the authors or even the main author of the CPNI document, at least as far as I know.

Lars