Re: [mif] WG Review: Multiple InterFaces (mif)

2009-04-21 10:56:11
Keith Moore wrote:
I think it's interesting that you appear to consider "multiple addresses
per host" a narrower problem than "multiple network connections per
host", whereas I consider the latter to be a subset of the former.

Yeah - I do, too.

To expand on this a little, I think it's useful to
frame this in terms of policy (which seems to be the
direction it's already headed) and identify which
policies are attributes of which entities.  There are
policies that apply to the network device (routing,
for example), policies which apply to an interface
(filtering and maybe QoS), and policies which apply to
a network.  I don't think the distinctions are always
all that clean but I do think it's a useful exercise
to try to get some clarity around what belongs to whom.
If nothing else it might help sort out what's a tractable
problem and what isn't.

Melinda