Re: End to End Secure Protocols are bogus.

2009-06-11 17:10:19
End to end ceases to have any value whatsoever once people attempt to
codify it into a rigid ideology.

Security does not respond at all well to ideological mandates. We have
tried to deploy end-to-end solutions and failed. In many cases we
could easily have succeeded if we had been less inflexible in the
approach.

You are not doing David any favors whatsoever here. He is not a
dogmatic ideologue. The end-to-end paper was originally written when
rigid ideologues such as yourself considered the telephone network to
be the ultimate communications infrastructure.

Above all, it is an argument against dogmatic approaches to system
architecture. You are completely misrepresenting his work.

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 7:22 PM, Masataka