Re: Releasing xml2rfc 1.34pre3?

2009-07-06 03:10:52
On 2009-7-5, at 16:20, Carsten Bormann wrote:
Would it help to simply call it 1.34 now?

(Then it would be picked up by distributions and packaging services
such as macports, and people could stop installing by hand.)

+1

I maintain the fink package for xml2rfc, and the committers asked me to wait for the "stable" release instead of sending them ports for "pre" releases (the "pre" releases don't fit well with the regular fink naming scheme and hence require manual tweaking, which they want to avoid.)

Lars