Re: RFC archival format, was: Re: More liberal draft formatting standards required

2009-07-07 06:51:17
On 7 jul 2009, at 12:25, John C Klensin wrote:

The questions, or at least a subset of them, are
important.  But we never manage to reach consensus, partially I
think because we make different assumptions about what is
important, and that wastes a lot of time.

If we really want to make progress here it's not going to happen by reaching rough consensus after a long discussion, but by a (very) small group of people getting together and coming up with something that improves upon the current situation for (pretty much) everyone, rather than optimize for one particular way to interpret the state of the universe.

The "good" thing is that the current situation leaves so much to be desired that this should actually be doable.