RE: RFC archival format, was: Re: More liberal draft formatting standards required

2009-07-07 17:43:03
This is clearly correct but many of us feel that correct display
in a browser is of higher utility to a greater number of potential
spec users.

This seems to follow the currently popular "all the world is a browser"
philosophy.  I actually prefer plain-text for lots of uses, including email.

I haven't yet heard any *compelling* arguments against the use of plain-text
(ASCII or UTF-8) as the default and normative representation format for
RFCs.  Arguments, yes; *compelling* arguments, no.