Re: Actual IPv6 deployment observed

2009-07-26 11:00:43
Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:
Iljitsch van Beijnum writes:
You do have to understand that IPv6 support was available in
BitTorrent clients for a long time, but then the Pirate Bay deployed
trackers (servers) that were incompatible with the existing clients,
so only people who both have IPv6 and a recent IPv6-capable client
are  in those numbers. I had to null-route the PB IPv6 address to get
my  old client to work again over IPv4...

So considerably more than 1% of random filesharing users have IPv6
already? I assume that also means >1% of random DSL connections have
IPv6 already.

No, it is not "Native IPv6 over DSL" or any other form unfortunately.

ou have to start thanking Microsoft for pushing 6to4 and especially
Teredo, having it automatically on new platforms and having clients like
uTorrent auto-enable it on install for those that don't.

For instance read a bit here:
http://mailman.nanog.org/pipermail/nanog/2008-August/003051.html

Greets,
 Jeroen