Re: OK, final NAT66 argument (Was: NAT Not Needed To Make Renumbering Easy

2009-11-11 22:41:42
IPv6 is just fine. The problem is not the technology we would
transition to, it is the lack of transition strategy and refusal to
think about deployment strategy in some quarters.

While they were building the big dig in Boston they actually built an
entire interchange from scratch and then demolished it. The temporary
interchange was necessary because you can't stop traffic in Boston for
ten years while you build the permanent one. We need the same for
IPv6.

The problem with IPv4 address space exhaustion is that it is much less
of a problem for end users than some imagine. If you have an IPV4
address and someone else does not, that is their problem, not
something you want to spend money for.

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 4:38 AM, Masataka Ohta