Re: [TLS] Confirming consensus about one

2010-01-27 11:31:15
Kemp, David P. wrote:

Rationale:

Version -01 states that the semantics of SCSV is identical to the
semantics an empty RI, namely: "this client is capable of supporting
secure renegotiation, and this ClientHello message is an initial
handshake, not a renegotiation handshake."

But you do realize that we discussed this issue on the WG mailing
list and the I provided an explanation along the lines of a
semi-formal correctness proof that this rationale is based on
a misunderstanding and a poor choice of words in the specification.

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/tls/current/msg05466.html

-Martin