Re: [Isms] Last Call: draft-ietf-isms-dtls-tm (Transport Layer Security (TLS) Transport Model for SNMP) to Proposed Standard

2010-03-11 10:33:42
On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 07:16:55 -0800 The wrote:
TI> The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
TI> final comments on this action.  Please send substantive comments to the
TI> ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org mailing lists by 2010-04-02.

I didn't notice that some MIB objects got renamed between the 07 and 08
versions of the draft:

 dratf 07                          draft 08 / current version
 -------------------------------   ----------------------------
 snmpTlstmSessionClientOpens,      snmpTlstmSessionOpens,
 snmpTlstmSessionClientCloses,     snmpTlstmSessionClientCloses,
 snmpTlstmSessionClientOpenErrors, snmpTlstmSessionOpenErrors,
 snmpTlstmSessionServerOpens,      snmpTlstmSessionAccepts,
 snmpTlstmSessionServerCloses,     snmpTlstmSessionServerCloses,

I think that the inconsistent use of 'Client' and 'Server' in the
object names is confusing. Both snmpTlstmSessionOpens and
snmpTlstmSessionOpenErrors are client-side only objects, and
snmpTlstmSessionAccepts is a server-side only object. Putting
Client/Server back in the object names will make it much easier to
understand the output of a snmpwalk without having to refer to the
description clause in the MIB.

--
Robert Story
Senior Software Engineer