Re: What day is 2010-01-02

2010-03-14 05:07:46
On 13 Mar 2010, at 14:51, Cullen Jennings wrote:
I just got abused by someone reading the IESG web pages and pointing out dates
like 2010-01-02 , are confusing. Is there a better way to do dates that we
should be using on the ietf.org web pages?

Incredible discussion so far notwithstanding, I have long since given up trying
to coach people using any form of numeric date representations and now just use
RFC 5322 format for everything (even when doing so is inconveniently verbose
sometimes).  It probably isn't suitable for an international audience for whom
the non-use or partial-use of English is a genuine concern, but it by far beats
trying to unify the great divide among for instance British and American
notations.  I am an email junky anyway.  Otherwise, of course the yyyy-mm-dd
makes the most sense, especially in scripts or directory listings.

Cheers,
Sabahattin