Re: What day is 2010-01-02

2010-03-17 14:31:04

On Mar 17, 2010, at 9:02 AM, Michael Edward McNeil wrote:

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 08:28, Iljitsch van Beijnum
<iljitsch(_at_)muada(_dot_)com> wrote:

(Although the exposure to non-standard ways of doing things may make this
harder for Americans.)

Since Americans habitually use month-day order anyway, why would YYYY-MM-DD
be especially difficult for them?  It's Europeans and others who typically
use day-month order that would seem likely to incur difficulties -- except
that putting the year first is a pretty glaring clue that the order shouldn't
be regarded as it usually is for them.

Since this thread is about making things clearer, I would comment on your use
of the word "Americans".  Americans means everyone in North and South America.
I suspect what is meant here, is just the USA.

Bob