Re: The point is to change it: Was: IPv4 depletion makes CNN

2010-06-11 12:14:17
On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 8:17 PM, Mark Andrews <marka(_at_)isc(_dot_)org> wrote:

In message <01NO5QT3QGKC00004S(_at_)mauve(_dot_)mrochek(_dot_)com>,
ned+ietf(_at_)mauve(_dot_)mrochek(_dot_)com w
rites:
If this is accurate, I think you need to go back and reread John Klensin's
recent messages for why this scenario really isn't all that likely to unfold
the way you think.

                              Ned

Turn off the root servers IPv4 address and see how fast people
adapt. :-)

That is a great idea.

I bet 90% of the net would have stopped using the IANA root servers
within a week. Instead of 13 root server operators we would have maybe
a hundred.

People would certainly adapt, but not in the way you imagine they
would adapt. You see the first law of the Internet is 'you are so not
in charge (for all values of you). The control that IETF and ICANN
impose is illusory.

--
Website: http://hallambaker.com/