Re: draft-housley-two-maturity-levels-00

2010-06-22 23:58:25
Bernard:

In practice, we often see a document initial go to Proposed Standard,
then go through a “bis” to enable clarifications and interop improvements.

Often these changes are too substantial to enable advancement to Draft,
but they nevertheless represent an important advancement in status.

I’d like to see some way that this advancement can be recognized formally.

I do not see how the document we are discussing encourages or
discourages recycling at Proposed Standard.  This is common with "bis"
documents today.  If there is an interoperability report, this can
happen at the proposed Interoperability Standard maturity level too,
which is not possible under the current set of rules.

Russ