Re: Optimizing for what? Was Re: IETF Attendance by continent

2010-09-07 16:00:10
For various reasons, I have participated in the last 3 meetings
"remotely."

While I am very grateful for the technical tools (streaming audio, jabber
room, etc.) that make such "remote participation" possible, it is in no
way a substitute for the greater level of interaction I get when attending
the meeting in person.

Furthermore, I am willing to get up a 3 AM (my time) to "attend" a WG in
which I already have an active interest.  But I am less likely to get up
at 3 AM for a WG that "sounds as if it MIGHT be interesting".  When I am
there in person, I am more likely to go to that "MIGHT be interesting"
meeting.

Janet

delivery.
purpose.

From:
"James M. Polk" <jmpolk(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com>
To:
Hascall Sharp <chsharp(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com>, ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org,
olaf(_at_)NLnetLabs(_dot_)nl