Re: [MEXT] Last Call: draft-ietf-mext-nemo-pd (DHCPv6 Prefix Delegation for NEMO) to Proposed Standard

2010-09-10 07:01:33
Le 10/09/2010 11:58, Hesham Soliman a écrit :

On 10/09/10 7:55 PM, "Alexandru
Petrescu"<alexandru(_dot_)petrescu(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

Le 10/09/2010 11:48, Hesham Soliman a écrit :

=>    Who cares, specify it in your product description. The
 IETF doesn't specify how to build products.

Hmm... to me it is a very IETF sensitive issue the Router vs
Host. For example, an ND spec says distinctively what a Host
and what a Router does, e.g. a Host does not respond to Router
 Solicitation.

=>   Yes and it does so on a per-interface basis, not on a
per-machine basis.

Yes, and the Mobile Router is a Router on its egress interface
when connected at home, as per spec.  It is that interface that
needs a default route automatically configured.

=>  Ok, so you're happy with it being half host half router when it's
away from home?

When it is away from home it is fully a Host on the egress interface.
When at home fully Router on same.  I am happy with it this way.

If so then let it do the same at home. Otherwise, I don't know how
you want to fix this in this WG.

It would mean to specify it to be a at home, be first a Host (get
default route) then change and become a Router, but still at home.

This behaviour could be set in the DHCPv6-PD-NEMO draft, being under
discussion now.

Alex

Hesham