RE: Poster sessions

From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org [ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On
Behalf Of Alessandro Vesely [vesely(_at_)tana(_dot_)it]

I've never attended an IETF meeting.  Why?  Because it seems to me quite
unlikely to have a chance to say something useful by going there.  I mean
useful with respect to a problem that I consider important.  That is, not
just a minimal contribution to an already scheduled session that I may happen
to attend.  Perhaps, I should request a session...

Problems are often expressed in the form of tentative solutions.  Such
solutions may occasionally happen to be discussed, refined, and agreed upon
by a group of individuals.  Implementation, standardization, and adoption may
eventually follow  --not necessarily in this order.  Isn't this how the IRTF
and the IETF should work?

If one has a tentative solution that one wants discussed, the usual
technique is to submit an Internet-Draft discussing it and post an
explanatory e-mail in a proper working group list.  Consider it a 24x7
poster session!

Dale