Re: Poster sessions

2011-01-10 07:48:02

On Jan 10, 2011, at 1:22 PM, Loa Andersson wrote:

ALl,

what is here called "poster session" reminds me a awful lot of the
bar bof's we been running for a long time.

No coincidence. There's been a lot of criticism of these bar BoFs, and we keep
looking for better ways to present new ideas.

Anyone care to draw the line between the two and try to motivate why
we need boths. As I see nothing stops from bringing a poster to a bar
bof, or a white board for taht matter.

Despite the name, a bar BoF today is very much lecture-style. You have a
presentation and a time for questions. There's really very little room for
actual discussion (which supposedly happens later in some mailling list). A
poster session allows for conversation with the I-D author, which may or may
not lead to better results.

/Loa