Re: Use of "unassigned" in IANA registries

2011-01-17 16:50:16
On 17.01.2011 18:53, Mykyta Yevstifeyev wrote:
Dear all,

The isues discussed here is the use of unassigned values in IANA
registries. And I really agree with the authors of RFC5226 that sets
MUST criterion for mentioning these values. Not mentioning them will
lead to misunderstanding by IANA and other people whether the values are
available for assignment, reserved or not used et al. So I think that
there is just no need to discuss what is clearly set by the document.

All the best,
Mykyta Yevstifeyev

Maybe you should ask the authors of RFC 5226 whether they agree with your interpretation of the spec.

Best regards, Julian