Gen-ART Combined Last Call and Telechat Review of draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc1948bis-01

2011-11-01 15:19:54
I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
< http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc1948bis-01
Reviewer: Ben Campbell
Review Date: 2011-01-01
IETF LC End Date: 2011-01-02
IESG Telechat date: 2011-01-03

I have a couple of minor comments and nits that might be worth considering, but
probably shouldn't block anything.

Major issues:

None

Minor issues:

-- section 3, paragraph after ISN formula: "It is vital that F not be
computable…"

If it's vital for security reasons, it seems like this would be worthy of
normative language.

-- Normative reference to RFC1321

This is a normative downref. It's a reasonable downref  (maybe even the
canonical reasonable downref). I call it out for the sake of completeness.

-- Appendix B, Removal of "A Common TCP Bug" section:

Can you comment on why the section was removed?

Nits/editorial comments:

-- abstract

The abstract should explicitly mention the update to RFC793

-- section 1, 2nd paragraph:

Please expand ISN on first mention

-- informative references:

Is there any way to avoid orphaning the last reference fragment? It's confusing
to find half a reference at the top of the next page.