Re: Plagued by PPTX again

2011-11-15 13:35:59
On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 09:23:56 -0800, todd glassey
<tglassey(_at_)earthlink(_dot_)net> said:

tg> PPTX is Office 2007 format and there are formal readers and format
tg> API's for office so that this is a no brainer.

Great.  I do note that .odp is no where on the accepted list that people
have been posting (granted, I'm lazy, so I haven't checked the list
myself).  Can we get the OO suite formats accepted too?  It seems silly
we're allowing .pptx and similar MS branded files, but not accepting
.odp and other files.

OO/Libre has been around far longer than recent 2007 and even older MS
updates, so lets accept them as valid document types as well.  They
certainly work on more platforms that the .ppt and similar formats.

So, IMHO *either* we accept only .pdf or we accept a whole lot more.
Yes, I could go down the road of "ok, then we can use magic point, and
all sorts of other ones too".  Yes, we could...  but they're not nearly
as popular.  But I'd argue .odp is certainly as popular in this crowd,
if not more so, than .ppt.

--
Wes Hardaker
SPARTA, Inc.