RE: protecting the Internet from DMARC damage, was perspectives

2014-04-14 21:00:20
You are absolutely correct in stating that DMARC doesn't address mailing lists - because you have staked out a position that mailing lists should not have to change in any way shape or form to deal with any authentication model. That is extremely constraining out of the gate and pretty much ends any meaningful discussion at that point. "How about if we... NO!"

The sentence always ends "... spend our own time and money to break or remove features our users expect and like to solve your problems", so of course the answer is no.

I've never said that lists won't change, I've said that we're not going to screw them up to work around your FUSSP.

If you ever made a reasonable offer, I would be happy to talk about it.
But you haven't.

If the DMARC gorillas hired someone (Returnpath? Spamhaus?) to build a mailing list whitelist, the goodwill would be enormous and the cost, spread among the DMARC group, would be nominal. But spending your own money to solve your own propblems somehow isn't on the table. We're supposed to spend ours, instead. Are you really surprised this is not making you any friends?

R's,
John