Re: What I've been wondering about the DMARC problem

2014-04-17 16:09:52
Theodore Ts'o wrote:

Suppose we made the mailing list software take the contents of the
>From field, and moved it to something like "X-Originally-From: ", and
changed the From field to be "ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org".  That would be what the
DMARC people would want, right?

Except then, a couple of years later, because users might actually
want to find the message that was written by "Brian Carpenter", or
<snip>

Worse than that.  That would any authentication back to the original author.

Not sure that's completely clear.

Miles Fidelman