Re: (DMARC) We've been here before, was Why mailing lists

2014-04-18 14:07:44
On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 08:48:31AM -0700, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:

Any answer I give to that would be speculation.  How about this: If MUAs
evolve as a result of all of this, I would hope it's in a direction that
doesn't just create whack-a-mole for the problem DMARC is trying to solve.

And I'd suggest that if MUA's do evolve in that manner, maybe it's a
hint that the problem which the DMARC cheerleaders tried to sweep away
as "not a problem" really *is* a problem that users really care about.
And I would hope that in the future, they don't once again try to do
something that only meets their own parochial interests, and ignores
everyone elses' concerns.

                                        - Ted