Re: Review of draft-kucherawy-dmarc-base-04

2014-04-23 12:38:24
On 4/22/2014 5:30 PM, Martin Rex wrote:
Why is there such a recommendation?  What is a mail receiver?  I am
asking the question as there is "receiving SMTP server" in that sentence.
That would be silly.  RFC5322.From might contain no DNS domain to begin with.

That was legal for RFC 733.  Apparently I dropped it for RFC 822.

The idea of an online surrogate (Sender:) for an offline author (From:)
was a friendly construct, but it didn't prove useful.

So a From: field address with no domain name has never been valid for
"Internet" email.

d/

--
Dave Crocker