Re: Reviving watersprings.org.

2014-07-16 23:16:57
yes, yes…

however there are more than a decades worth of IDs that carry no ISOC/IETF
copyright.  For those, the rights exist only with the authors.
As a condition of publication was the fact that they were intended/expected to
be ephemeral and the IETF right to publish expired six months
after initial publication.

It would be a real shame to have the IETF and its participants knowingly
violate others rights by republication of their works without explicit
written permission.  This is not the first time this has come up in an IETF
context and is certainly discoverable as evidence of willful intent to steal
intellectual property of others.

so Warren, it might be wise to consider the scope of your efforts and if you
choose to go after early materials,   consider the prudence of getting
prior, written permission before making blanket presumptions of propriety or
legality.

/bill
Neca eos omnes.  Deus suos agnoscet.

On 16July2014Wednesday, at 20:59, Brian E Carpenter