Re: Hotel networks (Was Re: Security for the IETF wireless network)

2014-07-25 14:03:24
At 9:43 AM -0400 7/25/14, Steve Crocker wrote:

I'm not at this IETF meeting and I'm not referring to the current hotel network. In the past, I've encountered all sorts of restrictions and limitations. Also, there is often a big difference between the main hotel and the others. In Maastricht, for example, I stayed at what was apparently a dorm hotel and I could not get access to nonstandard ports, e.g. for SSL protected access to my email.

I wish the IETF NOC could take over the networks of every hotel in every city we visit, but I don't expect them to be able to.

--
Randall Gellens
If your only hammer is C++, everything starts to look like a thumb.