Re: IETF web site behind CloudFlare

2014-09-16 12:29:57
On Sep 16, 2014, at 9:54 AM, Paul Wouters <paul(_at_)nohats(_dot_)ca> wrote:
As for it being sad, I see it as a reasonable tradeoff in today’s Internet.

How many attacks has ietf.org been under?

Dunno, but given how sadly easy it is to mount DOS attacks, I’d be surprised if
there haven’t been some.

Can the vendor not distinguish
between tor nodes towards ietf.org and tor nodes towards other sites?

Is there a canonical list of Tor nodes? If so, then maybe, however it’s been a
couple of years since I was at CloudFlare, so I’d just be guessing.

We
have contributors in countries where using tor to access IETF might
actually be a requirement.

No doubt.

How does this mechanism work when there is traffic using TLS? Is there a
MITM cert?

Probably best to ask the folks at CloudFlare.

Regards,
-drc