Re: Proposed IESG structure change

2014-10-10 06:55:29
This is really tempting and has a lot going for it. However, my main concern is
once we build a bureaucracy, it never goes away. In the case under discussion,
the Division of Applications would still be with us in 2050 (if the IETF lasted
that long). So, I think a professional secretariat helping with the technology
would help in the short term, but will kill the relevance of the IETF in the
long term.

On Oct 10, 2014, at 4:46 AM, John C Klensin <john-ietf(_at_)jck(_dot_)com>