Re: Last Call: RFC 6346 successful: moving to Proposed Standard

2014-12-04 11:17:53
On Thu, Dec 04, 2014 at 11:57:51AM -0500, Ted Lemon wrote:
This is a concern that's been discussed at length already.   It's a real
problem.   However, the actually application for A+P is in a dual-stack
environment, where DNS queries really ought to be going over the IPv6
transport, not the IPv4 transport.

Lots of servers do funny things depending on the transport over which
the query came, so I don't think that's a viable argument.

So it's possible that this ought to be discussed further in the document.

That was my point: as I said, I do not oppose standardizing A+P, I
just oppose taking the existing document, slapping new boilerplate and
a new number on it, and publishing.  There are changes needed.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs(_at_)anvilwalrusden(_dot_)com