mhonarc-users

Re: news archiving

1998-05-20 22:01:08
On May 17, 1998 at 20:55, Benji Spencer wrote:

I have been trying to get MHonArc to archive (convert) some newsgroup
articals into an HTML format, like it does with mail messages. Are there
any special settings I need? Thigs just don't seem to be working well...I
either get the following when I try to archive them...

Depends on how your new articles are stored.  If each article
is in a separate files in a directory, just give the directory
that contains them as an argument.  If articles in a single file,
give the file as an argument.  You may need to modify the
MSGEP or MHPATTERN resources to get the proper results (see the
docs for more information).

cat /var/spool/news/chi/general/1583 | mhonarc -add -rcfile /home
/httpd/html/news/misc/xnation-l.rc -news -outdir
/home/httpd/html/news/groups/test

Reading database ...
Reading resource file: /home/httpd/html/news/misc/xnation-l.rc ...
Adding message to /home/httpd/html/news/groups/test

or...

it archives them, and it can't find the proper subject line (it uses
soemthgin like "no subject" instead)

Check the FAQ about messages getting split.  May also be a
symptom of improper MSGEP or MHPATTERN resource settings.

        --ewh

----
             Earl Hood              | University of California: Irvine
      ehood(_at_)medusa(_dot_)acs(_dot_)uci(_dot_)edu      |      Electronic
Loiterer
http://www.oac.uci.edu/indiv/ehood/ | Dabbler of SGML/WWW/Perl/MIME