mhonarc-users

Re: Is this normal for MHonArc?

1998-06-02 17:58:57
On May 27, 1998 at 23:19, Ken Hooper wrote:

Messages are being archived as they come in (using the webnewmail script
found in the documentation) and from a browser everything seems to be
working. I want the archive to contain messages no more than seven days old:

      [bighouse(_at_)metalhead type2]$ mhonarc -editidx -expireage 604800
      Reading database ...
      Editing . layout ...

      Writing mail .ERROR: Failed to create "./msg00073.html"

The effect of this is that all the msgXXXXX.html files older than a week
will indeed be removed from the directory, but the main index is not
changed and links to the old messages still appear in it. -main does not
rebuild the index either. Yes I reloaded the browser, I even checked from a
different browser on a different account. Clicking on the "expired" links
gives a "file not found" error.

The ERROR means mhonarc aborted execution.

Also I invariably get the error shown above when running ANYthing from the
command line. The error will usually reference the lowest-numbered msg file
that exists in the dir (in this example, msg00073.html DOES in fact exist)
but sometimes it will refer to (say) msg00000.html, which no longer exists
at all.

Any help appreciated. We're in Red Hat 4.0 if that makes any difference,
perl 5.003.

Get the latest version of perl, just in case.  There have been problems
with the perl provided with the RH distribution.

Problems like this are hard to diagnose w/o on-hands capabilities.
You may want consider some of the options I proposed to another
user in a recent message,
<199806022243(_dot_)PAA05422(_at_)geneva(_dot_)acs(_dot_)uci(_dot_)edu>.

        --ewh

----
             Earl Hood              | University of California: Irvine
      ehood(_at_)medusa(_dot_)acs(_dot_)uci(_dot_)edu      |      Electronic
Loiterer
http://www.oac.uci.edu/indiv/ehood/ | Dabbler of SGML/WWW/Perl/MIME