mhonarc-users

Re: Mail-lists: MHonArc/glimpse/wilma: so what should I use for news?

1998-09-28 03:33:53
On Sat, 26 Sep 1998, Earl Hood wrote:

On September 25, 1998 at 21:40, Simon J Mudd wrote:

I'd like to do something similar for internal newsgroups, and wonder if
anyone could point me to a FAQ on how to do this.

The newsgroups are small 2-3 with a small number of posts per day.  Any
pointers would be welcome.

Solutions can vary depending on what kind of access you have to your
newserver.  If you are the administrator, you can probably have MHonArc
process the directories the news server stores articles in directly.

Yes, that's my case.

Many servers store articles in a directoy structure that mirrors
newsgroup name hierarchies.  For example, comp.lang.perl.misc would be
mapped to comp/lang/perl/misc with each article in a separate file.

I'm running INN, so again you're spot on.

BTW, if you, or anyone, comes up with a general method of interfacing
with a news server, please pass on the information to the list.

That's what I was hoping you'd point me to.  Ok when I get more time I'll
try and study MHonArc more carefully and see what needs to be done.

I was lucky with the wilma documentation that it gaves me all the
instructions necessary to get MHonArc running with glimpse, and except for
a small mistake on my part everything was running in an hour.  That makes
things much easier!

If I succeed in getting this to work I'll let you know.

Simon

Simon Mudd  ********  All Trading Brokers Europe  *********  Madrid, Spain
Work: simon(_dot_)mudd(_at_)alltrading(_dot_)com Tel: +34-91-592 8250  Fax:
+34-91-592 8170
Home: sjmudd(_at_)bitmailer(_dot_)net      Tel: +34-91-559 2854