mhonarc-users

Re: Problem with 2.3.3 install

1998-11-13 15:41:48
On Fri, 13 Nov 1998, John Beranek wrote:

We have Solaris x86 systems (which work) and Solaris sparc (which fail).

Included are the info for both the working and non-working systems
(for comparison).

From included file:
valhalla: ~/MHonArc2.3.3 : perl -v

This is perl, version 5.001

       Unofficial patchlevel 1m.

That is an old version that best be avoided. I suggest installing version
5.005_02 or 5.004_04. Both should make under Sparc Solaris.

valhalla: ~/MHonArc2.3.3 : perl install.me
Can't locate vars.pm in @INC at install.me line 37.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at install.me line 43.

The vars.pm module, which is a standard module of perl, is either missing
or is not where perl expects it to be. If you install a new version that
problem should be solved.

Mats Dufberg
Mats(_dot_)Dufberg(_at_)abc(_dot_)se