mhonarc-users

Re: error messages

1999-11-11 12:38:59
On 11/11/99 at 10:15 AM, lnp3(_at_)columbia(_dot_)edu (Louis Proyect) wrote:

In any case, I got past that problem and am now trying to run my own
downloaded version of 2.4.3 from my own directory using procmail
rather than their older beta version. The very first time I ran it, I
got the following error message:

So your server has a copy of Perl 4 too.

Many shared systems keep perl 4 around for various legacy requirements.
The convention as far as I've observed it is to name perl4 "perl" and to
name perl 5 "perl5", keeping them segregated.  Try asking `which perl5`
on the command line, and if it gives you a path, try using that path
explicitly to invoke mhonarc instead of trusting the system to do the
right thing.

  -nat