mhonarc-users

Re: ping on Debian wishlist #131512 (UTF-8)

2002-07-06 22:12:20
On July 6, 2002 at 12:54, Jeff Breidenbach wrote:

I am doing "summer cleaning" including bringing MHonArc 2.5.8 into
Debian and dusting off the old wishlists and/or bug reports.
Question: Any change to the status of the UTF-8 wishlist below
(i.e. have any of the suggestions been merged into MHonArc proper?) My
understanding is no, but I want to double check.

You are correct.  The UTF8 support will have to optional since
the module provided (which I believe had a syntax error) in the
Debian bug report relies on non-standard Perl modules (but they
are installable via CPAN).

My plan is to verify the posted converter and include it in the
MHonArc distribution.  Then add documentation, not sure where yet,
that mentions it and how it can be used.

BTW, in the future you can have Debian bug reports about MHonArc
forward to the mhonarc-dev(_at_)mhonarc(_dot_)org list.  If you can automate it,
I have no objections.  All discussions about bugs should be on the
mhonarc-dev list.

Thanks,