Re: [Nmh-workers] mhshow complaints

2014-04-21 11:53:25
Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes:

Geez Eric, you could have brought this all up when during all of the
thrashing around about mhshow changes BEFORE 1.6 was branched ...

Heh, I admitted as much.  I don't have as much time as I'd like
to spend on such things.  Sorry.

But I'll be honest; I have never in my life seen a message like
that.

Looks like these are mostly from mailchimp.

Messages containg multiple MIME-Versions are pretty much bogus; I think
it's okay to issue a warning about that.  It seems like something has
gone wrong there.

I'm curious: how is this worse than the extra semi-colon?
They both violate a standard, but neither are so corrupt as to be
un-displayable by nmh, mutt, or Gmail.

For once we get that right.  Just assuming that an unknown message type
is text isn't right.

On another message mhshow writes this to my pager:

[ part 1.2 - image/png - image001.png ]
[ part 2 - application/pdf - Preapp disclosures.pdf  ]
[ part 3 - application/pdf - Preapplication documents.pdf  ]

At the very least, all unknown types should be handled that way,
rather than writing a message to stderr that is overlooked at
best and interferes with the pager at best.

mutt does a nice job, btw: