Re: [Nmh-workers] post now asking for a password, even when it doesn't have to

2014-07-21 23:58:56
Lyndon Nerenberg <lyndon(_at_)orthanc(_dot_)ca> writes:

I think in 1.7 we need to deprecate the POP support. And in 1.8 deprecate the
submission SASL support.

POP has been handled by external programs for ages.

But not everybody has a need for them.

As for submission, it's time to teach the MSAs to accept mail on named pipes.
 No need for SASL, or networks, or ...  I thought I taught sendmail to listen
for mail submission on UNIX:/var/mail/submission circa 1999?

-1. My workstation at NASA is not allowed to run an MSA. I have to
submit directly to the NASA mothership (pun unintended, but funny). I
use the LOGIN saslmech.

--
Bill Wohler <wohler(_at_)newt(_dot_)com> aka
<Bill(_dot_)Wohler(_at_)nasa(_dot_)gov>